OSBA Nominating Committee
The OSBA Nominating Committee will be sending an e-mail letter to all OSBA Board Member candidates on record as running for a position to be voted on during the OSBA Fall Conference. This letter requested each candidate create a biography using six questions developed by the Nominating Committee. The candidate response will be used to inform the general membership of who the candidates are and how they position themselves as qualified for the positions. The responses the OSBA Nominating Committee has received will be made available on the OSBA website, with the links to each candidate’s response. The candidate’s responses to the six questions/bio are posted in their original format, unedited and uncensored. The positions up for election this year are:
- OSBA President
- OSBA Secretary
- Buckeye Hills Regional Director
- Miami Valley Regional Director
OSBA Officer Nomination
- Seeking Board Members
- Nominee Application
- Nominee Bio
- A nominee background check (only required of those nominees with access to the OSBA checking/savings/Certificates of Deposit/Paypal).
Questions candidates are to answer:
- How long has the nominee been involved in Ohio beekeeping?
- What beekeeping clubs and organizations is the nominee a member of?
- List the beekeeping activities and achievements the nominee has participated in or received?
- What qualifications does the nominee bring to the position?
- Have you read the constitution and understand the position for which the individual is being nominated?
- Please attach a short bio, personal photo, and any additional information that may assist in describing the individual’s skills.
*Please return the completed nomination form to President Peggy Garnes ~
OSBA Award Nomination
The OSBA Conference Committee will be accepting candidate applications by OSBA membership. Members that would like to nominate an individual for an award is asked to write of letter of recommendation about the nominee, a biography, and what award you would recommend. The awards available this year are:
- Beekeeper of the Year –“Awarded to an Ohio individual who promotes beekeeping within the community and encourages collaboration and cooperation among other beekeepers, clubs and organizations.”
- Propolis Award –“Awarded to an Ohio individual who goes above and beyond expectations in bringing and holding together the beekeeping community.”
- Lifetime Achievement Award –“Awarded to an Ohio individual that has exhibited lifetime achievements that made positive effects to the entire beekeeping community.”
- Hall of Fame – “Awarded to an Ohio individual for substantial achievements and contributions to the beekeeping world in their lifetime.“
Questions that nominees should fullfill:
- What activities has this person been involved with that qualifies him/her for the nomination?
- What positive outcomes for the Ohio beekeeping community have resulted from this person’s
- How does this person set an example for the beekeeping community?
- Please attach at least 3 letters of recommendation.
*Please return the completed nomination form to Dale Olson ~