To search for beekeepers in Ohio who will remove swarms or established hives click on your county below:
- Check and make sure they are honey bees. Yellow jackets and wasps are often mistaken for honey bees. See this identification guide for more info.
- Once a swarm moves into a wall or hollow tree it is no longer a swarm and may need cut out. Many beekeepers do not provide this service due to the difficulty and expertise needed. Look for hive removal or cutout in the search results for beekeepers who will.
- Don’t expect a beekeeper to remove a swarm for free. A few will depending on location, but free bees often costs more time and gas than purchasing bees. Hive removal and cutouts are rarely free due to the time, expense and liability involved.
- Beekeepers and companies listed here are not endorsed by the Ohio State Beekeepers Association. They are listed here for information only.
- Do you remove swarms or established hives? You must be a current member of OSBA to be included on the list. Join OSBA or update your membership information to be included on the swarm list.
Swarm removal in Scioto County (Search another county.)
Wyatt Bates (Scioto County)
David Ferguson (Scioto County)
Call 740-529-0625 or 740-961-5420
Swarm removal in counties adjacent to Scioto County
Cecil Entler (Pike County)
Corey Ruby (Jackson County)
Billy Miller (Jackson County)
Jackson County only 740-395-4552
Steve Thatcher (Adams County)
Call 9373862444. Will catch swarms within 25 miles of home.
Brandon Stapleton (Lawrence County)
Jerry Blaton (Adams County)
Adams County and any surrounding County. Phone # 513 673-7061