To search for beekeepers in Ohio who will remove swarms or established hives click on your county below:
- Check and make sure they are honey bees. Yellow jackets and wasps are often mistaken for honey bees. See this identification guide for more info.
- Once a swarm moves into a wall or hollow tree it is no longer a swarm and may need cut out. Many beekeepers do not provide this service due to the difficulty and expertise needed. Look for hive removal or cutout in the search results for beekeepers who will.
- Don’t expect a beekeeper to remove a swarm for free. A few will depending on location, but free bees often costs more time and gas than purchasing bees. Hive removal and cutouts are rarely free due to the time, expense and liability involved.
- Beekeepers and companies listed here are not endorsed by the Ohio State Beekeepers Association. They are listed here for information only.
- Do you remove swarms or established hives? You must be a current member of OSBA to be included on the list. Join OSBA or update your membership information to be included on the swarm list.
Swarm removal in Ottawa County (Search another county.)
Ed Albright (Ottawa County)
419-376-6738 Toledo, Oregon, Genoa, Holland, Ohio.
Bob Kemley (Ottawa County)
Swarm removal in counties adjacent to Ottawa County
Phillip Petterborg (Wood County)
Deb Yeagle (Sandusky County)
James Case (Lucas County)
I will remove swarms for free in Toledo as well as Lucas, Fulton and Wood, Lenawee and Monroe counties. Cutouts may be available on a case-by-case basis. 419-318-9857
Michael Horst (Lucas County)
Paul Hoag (Lucas County)
Lucas, Wood counties 419-340-6740
David Veith (Lucas County)
David veith 419-349-6401 Veith@toast.net I do cut outs and get pick up swarms. I do charge if called out and they are yellow jackets.
Tom Muir (Wood County)
419-350-3405; email@example.com, Northwest Ohio Area
Joe and Jonathan Stillwagon (Wood County)
Wood County 419-466-6265
Michael Stone (Sandusky County)
Angel Mitchell (Sandusky County)
Removal of swarms from Sandusky County & neighboring counties. Please call Angel Mitchell at (734) 624-6318.
Thomas M Rathbun (Sandusky County)
Swarm removal in Sandusky,Seneca and Erie County. Call 419-603-1749
Mark Lathrop (Wood County)
Thomas Reineck (Sandusky County)
Fremont and Sandusky County Ohio,Call Tom 419-680-6685