To search for beekeepers in Ohio who will remove swarms or established hives click on your county below:
- Check and make sure they are honey bees. Yellow jackets and wasps are often mistaken for honey bees. See this identification guide for more info.
- Once a swarm moves into a wall or hollow tree it is no longer a swarm and may need cut out. Many beekeepers do not provide this service due to the difficulty and expertise needed. Look for hive removal or cutout in the search results for beekeepers who will.
- Don’t expect a beekeeper to remove a swarm for free. A few will depending on location, but free bees often costs more time and gas than purchasing bees. Hive removal and cutouts are rarely free due to the time, expense and liability involved.
- Beekeepers and companies listed here are not endorsed by the Ohio State Beekeepers Association. They are listed here for information only.
- Do you remove swarms or established hives? You must be a current member of OSBA to be included on the list. Join OSBA or update your membership information to be included on the swarm list.
Swarm removal in Mercer County (Search another county.)
Mark Beougher (Mercer County)
Will remove swarms from Mercer, Auglaize & Van Wert Counties for free. 419-305-8662
Tim Berkenstock (Mercer County)
Mercer, Darke, and Van Wert counties. 419-852-0688 *
Ronald & Carolyn Stucke (Mercer County)
Swarm removal in counties adjacent to Mercer County
Dale Rothe (Auglaize County)
Mercer,Auglaize, Allen and Logan Counties for free swarm removal 4192362805
Mike Doseck (Auglaize County)
Mercer & Auglaize Counties. Call 419-394-4215 and leave message if no answer.