To search for beekeepers in Ohio who will remove swarms or established hives click on your county below:
- Check and make sure they are honey bees. Yellow jackets and wasps are often mistaken for honey bees. See this identification guide for more info.
- Once a swarm moves into a wall or hollow tree it is no longer a swarm and may need cut out. Many beekeepers do not provide this service due to the difficulty and expertise needed. Look for hive removal or cutout in the search results for beekeepers who will.
- Don’t expect a beekeeper to remove a swarm for free. A few will depending on location, but free bees often costs more time and gas than purchasing bees. Hive removal and cutouts are rarely free due to the time, expense and liability involved.
- Beekeepers and companies listed here are not endorsed by the Ohio State Beekeepers Association. They are listed here for information only.
- Do you remove swarms or established hives? You must be a current member of OSBA to be included on the list. Join OSBA or update your membership information to be included on the swarm list.
Swarm removal in Lucas County (Search another county.)
James Case (Lucas County)
I remove free standing swarms in the Toledo area for FREE. Established colonies may be eligible for free removal on a case-by-case basis. 317-504-8448
Paul Hoag (Lucas County)
Swarm removal in Lucas, eastern Fulton,northern Wood Counties. Call 419.340.6740
Michael Horst (Lucas County)
David Veith (Lucas County)
David veith 419-349-6401 Veith@toast.net I do cut outs and get pick up swarms. I do charge if called out and they are yellow jackets.
Brad Hibbard (Lucas County)
Swarm removal in counties adjacent to Lucas County
Darrin Drain (Wood County)
Southern Wood County, Northern Hancock County, Western Seneca County, Western Sandusky County 419-619-5588 Darrin Drain
Roger Myers (Fulton County)
I will pick up swarms in the Swanton OH area. 419 875 6399
Laura Hetrick (Henry County)
I am interested in swarms in the Napoleon and northern Henry County area. Please call or text with a photo. 419-966-1139
Dwight Sawyer (Fulton County)
Call 419 875-6550
William Brubaker (Henry County)
I'm interested in removing swarms within a 20 mile radius of Hamler, Ohio,My cell # is 419-270-2851/home phone 419-274-8019
Michael Hesterman (Henry County)
Carole S Russell (Wood County)
Also Henry County, Call 419-261-8865
Mark Jones (Fulton County)