To search for beekeepers in Ohio who will remove swarms or established hives click on your county below:
- Check and make sure they are honey bees. Yellow jackets and wasps are often mistaken for honey bees. See this identification guide for more info.
- Once a swarm moves into a wall or hollow tree it is no longer a swarm and may need cut out. Many beekeepers do not provide this service due to the difficulty and expertise needed. Look for hive removal or cutout in the search results for beekeepers who will.
- Don’t expect a beekeeper to remove a swarm for free. A few will depending on location, but free bees often costs more time and gas than purchasing bees. Hive removal and cutouts are rarely free due to the time, expense and liability involved.
- Beekeepers and companies listed here are not endorsed by the Ohio State Beekeepers Association. They are listed here for information only.
- Do you remove swarms or established hives? You must be a current member of OSBA to be included on the list. Join OSBA or update your membership information to be included on the swarm list.
Swarm removal in Logan County (Search another county.)
Stan & Debbie Chandler (Logan County)
Logan Union,and surrounding counties, Call 937-935-3307
John C Hempstood (Logan County)
Logan County Ohio (Bellefontaine) Call 937-599-4732
Gary Stetler (Logan County)
Call (614) 266-5553
Art Lloyd (Logan County)
Swarm removal in Logan & Union counties 937-597-4102
Swarm removal in counties adjacent to Logan County
Rusty Strader (Champaign County)
Swarm removal in Champaign county. Call 937-673-1514
Mike Doseck (Auglaize County)
Mercer & Auglaize Counties. Call 419-394-4215 and leave message if no answer.
Don Bunn (Champaign County)
Swarm capture and removal. By using thermal imaging technology I can find and then remove established hives from inside of buildings and walls. Call or text Don, 937-631-9219. I cover a 35-mile radius around Urbana Ohio.
Joe Linscott (Union County)
Kim Nelson (Champaign County)
Swarms within 30 miles of Mechanicsburg Ohio. 614-290-8746
Merrill Eggleston (Union County)
Contact by cell. 937-243-4805
Tim Grissom (Champaign County)
Home number is 937-465-9001. Champaign, Logan and western Union Counties only.
Matthew Henschen and Brette Soucie (Auglaize County)
No further than 20 minutes from New Breman. Call or email.
Chuck Lippencott (Champaign County)
Chuck Lippencott will do swarm removal Champaign Co. 1 937-215-0909
Josh Combs (Union County)
Swarm and hive removal in Union and surrounding counties. Combs bee farm 937-537-1739
Dale Rothe (Auglaize County)
Auglaize, Allen , Mercer, and Shelby Co, Call 419-236-2805