To search for beekeepers in Ohio who will remove swarms or established hives click on your county below:
- Check and make sure they are honey bees. Yellow jackets and wasps are often mistaken for honey bees. See this identification guide for more info.
- Once a swarm moves into a wall or hollow tree it is no longer a swarm and may need cut out. Many beekeepers do not provide this service due to the difficulty and expertise needed. Look for hive removal or cutout in the search results for beekeepers who will.
- Don’t expect a beekeeper to remove a swarm for free. A few will depending on location, but free bees often costs more time and gas than purchasing bees. Hive removal and cutouts are rarely free due to the time, expense and liability involved.
- Beekeepers and companies listed here are not endorsed by the Ohio State Beekeepers Association. They are listed here for information only.
- Do you remove swarms or established hives? You must be a current member of OSBA to be included on the list. Join OSBA or update your membership information to be included on the swarm list.
Swarm removal in Knox County (Search another county.)
Edwin Michael McCardel (Knox County)
Knox County 740-599-6614
Krista Howard (Knox County)
Gambier/Mt. Vernon Locations Only
Tim Kaiser (Knox County)
Will remove swarms in Knox and Licking Counties. Ph#740-398-3701 Leave message for I am hard of hearing. I check messages often.
John Coffman, Sr. (Knox County)
Knox, Licking, Franklin, Delaware, and Morrow County John - 740-358-3263 Text/Voice John@HTC24.com
Zac Coffing (Knox County)
Swarm removal in counties adjacent to Knox County
Dan Curtis (Delaware County)
Terry Steiner (Holmes County)
Joe Werner (Ashland County)
Call me 440-382-1544
Meghan Schedwin (Licking County)
Licking, Franklin County 614-402-2835
Brad Stillions (Morgan County)
Call 740 962 4740 or 740-819-0785
Dick Mullet (Coshocton County)
Joe Bailey (Licking County)
Joe Bailey 740-586-3149
Heather Harrison (Ashland County)
May contact Heather 419-651-9469 or Hershel at 419-651-9468 located in Ashland county
Charlie Payne (Delaware County)
Will serve Delaware and surrounding counties. Will handle cutouts on a case by case basis. Contact me at (614) 632-8393 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Ralph Jutte (Licking County)
Swarm removal in Licking and surrounding counties. Call 740-877-1190
Benjamin Hershberger (Holmes County)
Holmes or surrounding county\s only Call Ben @ 330-465-7747
Teresa Parker (Delaware County)
FREE swarm removal. +16148320769 Franklin County Westerville, Blacklick, Gahanna and New Albany.
Pauyl & Crystal Harrison (Licking County)
Philip Nestor (licking County)
Text or call 614-332-8094 for swarms or cutouts in Licking, Franklin, Muskingum counties.
Steve Motter (Richland County)
Text or email 419-565-1220 Einar5107@gmail.com South Richland County
Merle C Griffith, Jr (Ashland County)
William & Bernice Caplinger (Coshocton County)
Shannon Caplinger 740-502-4635 Free Swarm Removal
Charles Stickelman (Richland County)
Chuck Stickelman 419-610-6638 Western Richland County, Eastern Crawford County, Northern Morrow County
Kate Johnson (Morgan County)
Amanda Reed (Richland County)
Based in Richland County; Call or Text Amanda at 614-371-0113
Mahlon Lapp (Holmes County)
Holmes and Wayne County - Mahlon Lapp 330-231-6804 or 1 740-485-6955