To search for beekeepers in Ohio who will remove swarms or established hives click on your county below:
- Check and make sure they are honey bees. Yellow jackets and wasps are often mistaken for honey bees. See this identification guide for more info.
- Once a swarm moves into a wall or hollow tree it is no longer a swarm and may need cut out. Many beekeepers do not provide this service due to the difficulty and expertise needed. Look for hive removal or cutout in the search results for beekeepers who will.
- Don’t expect a beekeeper to remove a swarm for free. A few will depending on location, but free bees often costs more time and gas than purchasing bees. Hive removal and cutouts are rarely free due to the time, expense and liability involved.
- Beekeepers and companies listed here are not endorsed by the Ohio State Beekeepers Association. They are listed here for information only.
- Do you remove swarms or established hives? You must be a current member of OSBA to be included on the list. Join OSBA or update your membership information to be included on the swarm list.
Swarm removal in Athens County (Search another county.)
Ed Newman (Athens County)
I can do this in Athens or Meigs Counties I'm at 740-541-8231 newmane@Ohio.edu
Laura Moorhead Hazelbaker (Athens County)
Athens and Hamilton counties, Call 513-570-1950
Suzanne Nay & Nickole Smith (Athens County)
Suzanne 740-591-1129 Athens, Meigs, Washington May do other areas, just call
John Deak (Athens County)
Swarm removal in counties adjacent to Athens County
Tim Kirby (Perry County)
within 20 miles of Somerset, Ohio; call 614-679-7617
Kate Johnson (Morgan County)
Marishka Wile & Jeff Crecelius (Vinton County)
Service Area: Vinton &Jackson County Tel: 614-202-4897
David Huffer (Washington County)
740-516-0421 Washington County area
Carey Emory (Perry County)
Will remove swarms in Perry & Muskingum county. Call 740 840 3034
Kenneth & Sandra Bach (Washington County)
Michael DeVaughn (Washington County)
Sam Hammett (Washington County)
Amanda McWilliams (Hocking County)
(740)707-3102 Athens, Hocking, Vinton counties
Brad Stillions (Morgan County)
Call 740 962 4740 or 740-819-0785