To search for beekeepers in Ohio who will remove swarms or established hives click on your county below:
- Check and make sure they are honey bees. Yellow jackets and wasps are often mistaken for honey bees. See this identification guide for more info.
- Once a swarm moves into a wall or hollow tree it is no longer a swarm and may need cut out. Many beekeepers do not provide this service due to the difficulty and expertise needed. Look for hive removal or cutout in the search results for beekeepers who will.
- Don’t expect a beekeeper to remove a swarm for free. A few will depending on location, but free bees often costs more time and gas than purchasing bees. Hive removal and cutouts are rarely free due to the time, expense and liability involved.
- See this page for more information on swarm removal.
- Beekeepers and companies listed here have no affiliation with the Ohio State Beekeepers Association. They are listed here for information only.
- Do you remove swarms or established hives? Email to be listed. You must be a current member of OSBA to be included on the list. Join OSBA today!
The swarm list is temporarily off line for upgrades while the snow is flying and the bees aren’t. Check back later.