(recipes that really use honey)
Tim Arheit : 02/07/2014 6:54 PM : Recipes
- ½ c. butter (not margarine), at room temp
- ½ c. cocoa powder
- ½ c. honey (I used a light honey)
- ¼ t. vanilla extract
- Line a mini-muffin tin with paper liners.
- Place all ingredients in a food processor.
- Process until blended
- Scoop into min-muffin tin
- Place in fridge for about 2 hours.
These are really rich and a bit on the soft side. I’ve seen other recipes that use coconut oil instead of butter. I tried it….let’s just say they weren’t worth the calories!
Tim Arheit : 02/02/2014 6:53 PM : Recipes
Honey Glazed Chicken
- 2 T Olive Oil
- 4 Chicken Breasts
- 1 c. orange juice
- ½ c. honey
- 1 T. cornstarch
- 2 sprigs rosemary, chopped
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- When the oil is hot, add chicken.
- Let each side brown (about 4 minutes per side).
- Add chopped rosemary and cook for another minute.
- Whisk together orange juice, honey and cornstarch.
- Add to the skillet.
- Cover and simmer until chicken is cooked through (about 15 minutes).
- Remove from heat and serve over rice, couscous or millet.
Tim Arheit : 01/29/2014 6:51 PM : Recipes
Honey-ed Bacon Pork Tenderloin
- 1 pork tenderloin (about 2 pounds)
- 12 slices bacon
- 12 pineapple rounds (or chunks)
- ⅓ c. honey (I used a dark wildflower honey, a buckwheat honey or other flavorful honey would be delicious)
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Spray a roasting pan with cooking spray
- Put tenderloin in roasting pan. Wrap bacon around the tenderloin.
- Overlap the pieces and tuck them under the pork.
- Drizzle honey over the pork.
- Scatter pineapple around the pork.
- Roast for about 40 minutes, or until a meat thermometer reads 150.
- Let stand a few minutes before slicing.
- Serve with honey glazed carrots and a side salad.
Tim Arheit : 01/21/2014 6:49 PM : Recipes
Apple Honey Raisin Muffins
- ½ c. sugar (white or brown)
- ¾ c. oil
- 2 eggs
- ¾ c. honey
- 1 t. vanilla extract
- 1½ c. flour
- 1 c. whole-wheat flour
- 1 t. baking soda
- 1 t. baking powder
- 1 t. ground cinnamon
- 1 t. ground ginger
- 2 apples — finely chopped
- ¾ c. raisins
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Line muffin pans (makes about 1½ dozen muffins).
- In a bowl combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and spices.
- In a separate bowl, stir together sugar and oil.
- Whisk in the eggs, then honey and vanilla.
- Fold in apples and nuts.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until muffins are done.
- Let cool 5 minutes and then remove from muffin tin.
- Enjoy with a glass of apple cider or honey-sweetened tea.
Tim Arheit : 01/18/2014 6:48 PM : Recipes
- ¼ c. honey
- 3 T. low salt soy sauce
- 3 T. balsamic vinegar (or cider vinegar)
- 1 t. grated fresh ginger (or ginger juice from a thawed piece of ginger)
- 1 clove garlic- minced
- 2 t. olive oil
- Stir together.
- Use ½ of the glaze to brush on your chicken/fish/pork while grilling.
- Heat the rest to serve on the side.
Tim Arheit : 01/15/2014 6:46 PM : Recipes
Almost Instant Blissful Chocolate Blobs
- 10 oz bag of dark chocolate chips
- 3 oz heavy cream (accept no substitutes!)
- 2T honey
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt chocolate in the cream.
- Add honey.
- Add chocolate and microwave for a bit more…just until the chocolate starts to melt.
- Remove from microwave, stir until completely blended.
- Spoon into mini-muffin trays that are lined with mini-muffin liners. This recipe makes 24 mini-cups.
- Chill until set.
You can decorate with colored sugars, sliced almonds…or just enjoy as is. Problems, what problems?
Tim Arheit : 01/05/2014 6:44 PM : Recipes
Short-Cut Honey Cake
- 1 box golden cake mix
- 3 eggs
- ⅓ c. water
- ⅓ c. oil
- 1 c. honey
- 1½ t. cinnamon
- ½ t. ginger
- ½ t. allspice
- Heat oven to 350.
- Spray a bundt pan with Pam.
- In a large bowl mix together the cake mix and the spices.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix together for about 2 minutes.
- Pour into prepared pan. Bake for about 40 minutes.
- Let it cool before sharing with friends and family.
Tim Arheit : 01/01/2014 6:42 PM : Recipes
Honeyed Rice Pudding
- 2 c. cooked rice
- 2 c. milk (I used ½ and ½, you could use soy milk)
- ½ c. honey (I used a dark wildflower)
- ⅔ c. raisins ( or chopped dates or dried apples)
- ½ c. milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- In a saucepan, combine rice, 2 c. milk, raisins and honey.
- Cook until thick, stirring occassionally, about 20 minutes.
- Combine beaten egg with ½ c. milk.
- While stirring the thicken rice pudding, slowly stream in the egg blend. If you add it all at once, you will wind up with cook egg blobs in your final product.
- Continue to stir and cook for a few more minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Let it cool a few minutes.
- Pour into serving containers, or large bowl.
Tim Arheit : 12/26/2013 6:39 PM : Recipes
- 1⅔ c. flour
- ⅓ c. sugar
- ¾ c. butter
- ¼ c. honey
- finely grated fresh lemon rind of ½ lemon
- Topping: ¼ c. honey mixed with freshly chopped rosemary
- In a food processor add the flour, sugar, butter, honey, and lemon rind.
- Pulse until it clumps.
- Pat into a buttered 8×8 pan.
- Chill for about ½ hour.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for about 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and using a pastry brush, apply the topping.
- Bake for another 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Remove from oven.
- Cut into squares.
Tim Arheit : 12/16/2013 6:38 PM : Recipes
Honey-Blueberry Streusel Crisp
- 6 c. blueberries
- ½ c. honey
- 5 T quick-cooking tapioca
- ½ t. ground cardamom
- ¼ t. ground ginger
- 1 T. fresh lemon juice
- ¾ c. roasted unsalted almonds (or walnuts)
- ¼ c. flour
- ¼ c. oatmeal
- 1 t. lemon zest
- ½ t ground cardamom
- 6 T. butter, cut into small chunks
- Stir together filling ingredients in a large bowl.
- Make the streusel: Combine all streusel ingredients, except butter, in a food processor.
- Pulse to grind the nuts and mix the ingredients.
- Add the butter, pulse until it starts to clump.
- Pour filling in a 9×9 glass dish that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
- Scatter streusel over the top.
- Bake at 375 degrees for about 20 minutes or until blueberries are bubbling and streusel is lightly browned.
- Remove from heat and let cool before serving.