The Tri-County Beekeeper’s Association is proud to host what is believed to be the largest, one day, beekeeping workshop in the United States. We had 989 attendees at the 2011 workshop and plans are well underway for making 2012′s the largest and best ever…
The following is a brief preview of a few changes in the workshop this year, which will occur on March 2 & 3, 2012. For more details as they are available see: http://www.tricountybeekeepers.org/Spring_Workshop_5LEI.html
* One change is in the hosting of the workshop itself. Dr. James E. Tew and Sherry Ferrell, of the OSU Extension Service, have both retired from OSU Extension this summer and from the co-hosting of the workshop. We wish them both great enjoyment as they open new chapters in their lives. With their departure from the planning committee, TCBA has stepped-up involvement to ensure that the 2012 workshop will be another great event.
* Another change will be an increase in your choices of breakout sessions. We are listening to past year’s reviews and trying something different this year. Instead of having a keynote address in the morning, we are adding an additional morning round of breakout sessions. This will allow you to tailor your workshop experience to better fit your needs by giving you a larger selection of topics to choose from.
* This year we will give attendees the option of pre-registering on-line, via a secure website. This will make it more convenient, safe and accurate to pre-register. You won’t have to mail the form, check or credit card information to us. This will also greatly reduce the labor involved in keeping track of all the registrations. We will still give you the old way of mailing in the form, but we really hope everyone will consider the on-line option. If you have not received the pre-registration information in previous years and would like to, please send me an . On the subject line, please type “Add me to the Workshop mailing“. In the body of the email, include your name, address, phone # and the email address you want us to use for the invitation, and I’ll get you on the list. The email invitations for the on-line, pre-registration are currently scheduled to be sent on January 14th, 2012, followed on the 21st by a regular mailing. The web based option will also be available, starting on the 14th, via a link on this website.
* A new attraction this year is the new OSU Pollintorium which will be available for tours. This new facility exhibits information about the various pollinators in nature; of course, this includes our favorite pollinator. It is near by on the campus and can be found by following the provided signage.
* This is not a change to the workshop, but don’t miss the opportunity to meet with all the local and many national equipment vendors at the workshop. If you place an order over the phone, a few weeks before the workshop, many vendors will bring the order to the meeting for free, saving you on shipping costs.