B&W Honey Cookie
- ⅔ c. honey
- 1 c. butter
- ½ t. vanilla extract
- 2½ c. flour
- ¼ t. salt
- ½ t. baking powder
- 2 oz. semi-sweet chocolate (or dark chocolate) melted
- Cream honey with butter and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, mix together flour, salt and baking powder. Add to creamed honey mix.
- After it is incorporated, remove about ⅓ of the dough into another bowl. and stir in the melted chocolate.
- Line an 8 inch sqare with waxed paper. Press the vanilla mixture into the pan. Line an 8x4 bread pan with waxed paper. Press chocolate mixture into it.
- Chill for 30 minutes.
- Lift the vanilla dough out of the pan, using the waxed paper, onto a cutting board.
- Cut it in half.
- Place the chocolate layer on 1 of the vanilla pieces.
- Cover it with the 2nd piece of vanilla dough. Press gently.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 4 or more hours.
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Cut cookies into ⅛ in. thick slices. Then cut them in ½ crosswise.
- Bake on ungreased cookie sheet, for about 8 minutes (slightly golden).
- Cool on cookie rack.
Recipe by Ohio State Beekeepers Association at http://www.ohiostatebeekeepers.org/2014/recipes/bw-honey-cookie/