Bread of Buttermilk and Honey
- 2 c. white flour
- 1½ c. whole wheat flour (or use all white flour if you want a lighter colored loaf)
- ½ t. salt
- 1 heaping Tablespoon baking soda
- 1 T oil
- 1½ c. buttermilk or sour milk
- ¼ c. HONEY
- Grease the bottom of a loaf pan
- Mix together flours, salt and baking soda.
- Mix together the oil, buttermilk and honey. Warm slightly in a microwave so they will blend together.
- Add the warmed honey mix to the flour mix.
- Stir until well blended.
- Place dough in loafpan.
- Smooth top.
- Cover top with plastic wrap.
- Let it sit for 1 hour.
- Remove plastic wrap and bake at 375 for approx. 45 minutes.
- Let cool slightly and then remove from pan and finish cooling....if you can.
Recipe by Ohio State Beekeepers Association at http://www.ohiostatebeekeepers.org/2014/recipes/bread-of-buttermilk-and-honey/