Honey Herb Turkey Roast
- 1 boneless turkey breast roast, 3#, thawed
- ½ c. HONEY
- 1 t. smoked paprika
- 1 t. paprika
- ½ t. garlic powder
- 1 t. chipoltle chili powder
- ½ t. dried thyme
- ½ t. dried rosemary, crushed
- ½ c. orange juice
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Remove all netting from turkey breast. Throw out that nasty "gravy" packet. Pat dry the turkey with paper towels.
- Mix together all the remaining ingredients except orange juice.
- Place the roast, skin side up, on a baking rack in a roasting pan.
- Lift skin up so that you can spread ½ of the honey mixture directly on the turkey.
- Place the skin back on the turkey, and coat it with the remaining honey mix.
- Pour orange juice into pan.
- Place in the pre-heated oven.
- Baste occasionally.
- Roast until it is golden brown, and meat thermometer reads 170.
- Remove from oven, wrap in foil for about 10 minutes, then slice and serve.
Recipe by Ohio State Beekeepers Association at http://www.ohiostatebeekeepers.org/2014/recipes/honey-herb-turkey-roast/