Apple Honey Raisin Muffins
- ½ c. sugar (white or brown)
- ¾ c. oil
- 2 eggs
- ¾ c. honey
- 1 t. vanilla extract
- 1½ c. flour
- 1 c. whole-wheat flour
- 1 t. baking soda
- 1 t. baking powder
- 1 t. ground cinnamon
- 1 t. ground ginger
- 2 apples -- finely chopped
- ¾ c. raisins
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Line muffin pans (makes about 1½ dozen muffins).
- In a bowl combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and spices.
- In a separate bowl, stir together sugar and oil.
- Whisk in the eggs, then honey and vanilla.
- Fold in apples and nuts.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until muffins are done.
- Let cool 5 minutes and then remove from muffin tin.
- Enjoy with a glass of apple cider or honey-sweetened tea.
Recipe by Ohio State Beekeepers Association at http://www.ohiostatebeekeepers.org/2014/recipes/apple-honey-raisin-muffins/