- 1⅔ c. flour
- ⅓ c. sugar
- ¾ c. butter
- ¼ c. honey
- finely grated fresh lemon rind of ½ lemon
- Topping: ¼ c. honey mixed with freshly chopped rosemary
- In a food processor add the flour, sugar, butter, honey, and lemon rind.
- Pulse until it clumps.
- Pat into a buttered 8x8 pan.
- Chill for about ½ hour.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for about 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and using a pastry brush, apply the topping.
- Bake for another 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Remove from oven.
- Cut into squares.
Recipe by Ohio State Beekeepers Association at http://www.ohiostatebeekeepers.org/2013/recipes/honey-lemon-rosemary-shortbread/