Honey-Blueberry Streusel Crisp
- 6 c. blueberries
- ½ c. honey
- 5 T quick-cooking tapioca
- ½ t. ground cardamom
- ¼ t. ground ginger
- 1 T. fresh lemon juice
- ¾ c. roasted unsalted almonds (or walnuts)
- ¼ c. flour
- ¼ c. oatmeal
- 1 t. lemon zest
- ½ t ground cardamom
- 6 T. butter, cut into small chunks
- Stir together filling ingredients in a large bowl.
- Make the streusel: Combine all streusel ingredients, except butter, in a food processor.
- Pulse to grind the nuts and mix the ingredients.
- Add the butter, pulse until it starts to clump.
- Pour filling in a 9x9 glass dish that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
- Scatter streusel over the top.
- Bake at 375 degrees for about 20 minutes or until blueberries are bubbling and streusel is lightly browned.
- Remove from heat and let cool before serving.
Recipe by Ohio State Beekeepers Association at http://www.ohiostatebeekeepers.org/2013/recipes/honey-blueberry-streusel-crisp/