Honey of a Panna Cotta
- 1 c. heavy cream
- 1 T. sugar
- ½ envelope unflavored gelatin
- ½ c. greek yogurt (I used vanilla, but it would be great with coffee)
- ⅓ c. honey
- Put cream and sugar in a saucepan.
- Bring it to a boil.
- Remove from heat.
- Place ¼ c. cold water in a bowl and add gelatin.
- Let it dissolve for a few minutes.
- In a large bowl mix yogurt and honey.
- Reheat the cream til it almost boils.
- Remove from heat and whisk is the gelatin mixture.
- Pour into honey mixture. Whisk until combined.
- Pour into 4 6-8 ounce containers (I used a martini glass...the other recipe is cooling in margarita glasses).
- Chill for about 4 hours.
- Serve topped with fresh fruit (blueberries and strawberries for a patriotic theme anyone?)
Recipe by Ohio State Beekeepers Association at http://www.ohiostatebeekeepers.org/2013/recipes/honey-of-a-panna-cotta/