Grandma W's Honeyed Kale
- 1 bag cleaned kale
- ½ bag shredded carrots
- 3T walnut oil (or olive oil)
- 2 T. cider vinegar
- 3 T. honey
- 1 T mustard (dijon or spicy)
- Put the kale in a microwave safe bowl. Cover with plastic wrap.
- Place in microwave for about 30 seconds (or until slightly softened).
- Toss with carrots.
- Mix together the oil, vinegar, honey and mustard.
- Pour over kale.
- Toss to mix.
You could also add raisins or dried cranberries for some extra flavor and texture.
Recipe by Ohio State Beekeepers Association at http://www.ohiostatebeekeepers.org/2013/recipes/grandma-ws-honeyed-kale/