- 1 c. sugar (I like tart beverages..add more depending on your buds)
- 1 c honey
- 2½ c. freshly squeezed lemon juice (the real stuff, not bottled)
- In a saucepan, mix sugar and 2 c water. Bring to a boil and cook for about 5 minutes until the sugar is dissolved and the mixture thickens.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in honey.
- Let it cool.
- Pour lemon juice and honey mixture into a gallon container.
- Add water to equal 1 gallon.
Recipe by Ohio State Beekeepers Association at http://www.ohiostatebeekeepers.org/2013/recipes/cooling-honey-ade/