Citrus Honey Beans
- ¼ c. honey
- ⅓ c. orange juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 t. soy sauce
- 2. t. balsamic vinegar (or cider)
- 2½ c. fresh green beans, trimmed
- 2 t. olive oil
- zest from ½ lemon
- Stir honey, orange juice, garlic, soy sauce, and vinegar in a bowl.
- Add green beans, toss to coat.
- Allow to marinate for about ½ hour.
- Heat olive oil in a saucepan.
- When the oil is hot, add green beans and sauce .
- Stir the beans until they are barely cooked, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat, garnish with lemon zest and serve.
Recipe by Ohio State Beekeepers Association at http://www.ohiostatebeekeepers.org/2013/recipes/citrus-honey-beans/