Honeyed MGR (marinade/glaze/reduction)
- ⅓ c. orange juice
- ¼ c. white vinegar (or cider)
- ¾ c. honey
- pinch of salt and pepper
- a few sprigs of rosemary
- 4 pork chops or 4 chicken breasts (I haven't tried this on fish, yet)
- Mix together orange juice, vinegar , honey, salt & pepper.
- Place meat in an 8x8 glass dish or a ziploc bag.
- Pour in marinade.
- Cover the dish or close the ziploc Marinate for at least 2 hours in the fridge (I put this in the fridge in the morning, and pull it out a bit before grilling time).
- Remove meat from marinade.
- Put marinade in a saucepan and simmer until it is reduced by about ½.
- Place meat on grill and use the reduction to glaze the meat while it is on the grill.
Serve with last week's recipe: Honeyed Slaw
Recipe by Ohio State Beekeepers Association at http://www.ohiostatebeekeepers.org/2013/recipes/honeyed-mgr-marinadeglazereduction/