Can't Bee Simpler Pomade
- 6 oz beeswax
- 4 t. coconut oil (solid at room temp)
- ½ t. castor oil (optional..for a softer product)
- Melt beeswax and oil in a double boiler (not directly over an open flame).
- Pour into container. Let it cool.
- This is a firm product. Scrape up a small amount with your fingernail. Rub between fingertips until dissolved (you don't want pomade blobs in your tresses) and style hair.
You can always add a few drops of essential oils for a bit of scent. However, I wouldn't use it before heading to the apiary-- you might be really attractive to the bees!
Recipe by Ohio State Beekeepers Association at http://www.ohiostatebeekeepers.org/2013/recipes/cant-bee-simpler-pomade/