Toss-It Together Broccoli Salad
- 5 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
- 1 head broccoli
- ½ c. raisins
- ½ c. shredded carrots
- 3 T. cider vinegar
- ¼ c. honey
- ⅓ c. mayo
- Cut the head of broccoli into small florets.
- Cut up the stems into ¼ inch slices.
- Place in a lidded bowl along with the crumbled bacon, raisins and carrots.
- Mix together cider vinegar, honey and mayo.
- Pour over salad. Mix.
- Cover and put in fridge until ready to eat (although its really tasty straight from the bowl!)
You could also add a bit of blue cheese or feta for a bit more protein.
Recipe by Ohio State Beekeepers Association at http://www.ohiostatebeekeepers.org/2013/recipes/toss-it-together-broccoli-salad/