Honey Rice Bars
- 6 oz. semi-sweet chocolate chips (I sometimes mix in milk chocolate chips)
- ⅓ c. honey
- 1 T. water
- 1 t. vanilla
- 3 cups rice cereal (the crispie kind...I like Erewhorn)
- Place cereal in a large mixing bowl.
- Lightly coat an 8x8x2 pan with cooking spray.
- Combine chips, honey, water and vanilla and over low heat in a saucepan. Stir until chips are melted and mix is smooth.
- Pour honey mixture over cereal. Mix.
- Press into prepared pan.
- Cut into squares.
A variation of the rice crispy treat using honey instead of marsh mallows.
Recipe by Ohio State Beekeepers Association at http://www.ohiostatebeekeepers.org/2013/recipes/honey-rice-bars/