- ¼ c. HONEY
- 3 T. olive oil
- 1½ T. apricot jam (or pineapple)
- ½ t. sriracha sauce ( or any hot sauce)...more if you lika hotta
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 T. cider vinegar
- 1 T. lemon juice
- 2 apples, cored and cut into 8 slices (I like Granny Smith)
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 8 slices (you could also use green or yellow pepper for even more color)
- 1 pound shrimp (21-26 size), peeled and deveined (I use the easy-peel deveined shrimp)
- Mix honey, oil, jam, hot sauce, garlic, vinegar and lemon juice in a bowl.
- Place shrimp, apples and bell pepper in the marinade. Mix.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Thread shrimp, apples and red bell pepper on metal skewers.
- Heat outdoor grill.
- Cook shrimp until opaque..depending on your grill, its about 5 minutes per side.
Excess marinade should be discarded.
Recipe by Ohio State Beekeepers Association at http://www.ohiostatebeekeepers.org/2013/recipes/buzzy-shrimp/