Yummy Honey Popcorn
- 3 qts. popped popcorn
- ½ c. honey (I've used up to ¾ c. in this recipe)
- ½ c. brown sugar
- ½ c. butter (please use butter, not margarine)
- ¼ t. baking soda
- 1 c. peanuts (if you want to mimic that kids-treat that comes with a prize)
- Melt butter in a large saucepan.
- Stir in the honey and brown sugar. Continue stirring until the sauce comes to a boil. Reduce the heat and let the mixture simmer for about 2 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in baking soda. It will bubble.
- Pour popcorn into a large bowl.
- Pour syrup over the popcorn and stir to coat.
- Spread coated popcorn onto a parchment paper lined baking sheet or jelly-roll pan.
- Bake at 250 for 45 minutes - stir every 15 minutes.
- Break into pieces.
Use a large saucepan because when you add the baking soda the mixture will bubble up!
Recipe by Ohio State Beekeepers Association at http://www.ohiostatebeekeepers.org/2013/recipes/yummy-honey-popcorn/