Honey Sugar Cookie
- ½ c. sugar
- 1.c butter
- 1¼ c. honey
- 2 eggs
- 1 t. vanilla extract
- 1 t. baking soda
- 4 c. flour
- ½ t. ginger
- ½ t. nutmeg
- In a microwave safe mixing bowl, slowly melt butter and sugar.
- Carefully remove from microwave. Stir in honey. Cool.
- Mix together eggs, vanilla, baking soda and spices.
- Add to honey mixture.
- Add in the flour.
- Stir until well-blended.
- Drop by teaspoons onto greased cookie sheet, about 2 inches apart.
- Bake at 360 for about 12-15 minutes or until lightly golden.
- Cool on wire racks.
Great with a cup of coffee, cocoa or milk.
Recipe by Ohio State Beekeepers Association at http://www.ohiostatebeekeepers.org/2013/recipes/honey-sugar-cookie/