A package queen was not successful in heading a package colony. John shows the symptoms of a laying worker colony and explains the process of using newspaper to slowly combine the weak colony with a stronger colony. Eggs and drone cells are clearly shown.
Next Lesson: Laying Workers – Part 2
- What are two symptoms of a laying worker colony?
- Where will the eggs be in the cell of a laying worker colony?
- How many eggs may be in a cell of a laying worker colony?
- The emerging brood in a laying worker colony will be will be what?
- How many sheets of newspaper are placed between the two colonies when being combined?
- When combining is the weaker or stronger colony placed above the other?