The OSBA Affiliated Association program is intended to help extend benefits to beekeeping associations in Ohio at a greatly reduced cost. In addition, it’s structured to foster better communication and cooperation between OSBA and local associations.
- Obtain 501(c)(3) Tax-Exempt Status under the OSBA Group Exemption.
- Donations to your association and membership fees may be tax-deductible. Consult your tax advisor.
- Individuals and corporate donors are more likely to support organizations with 501(c)(3) tax status.
- Access to many grants only available to 501(c)(3) organizations.
- Save the $400 filing fee plus the cost of document preparation.
- Approval time may be much faster.
- Liability insurance is provided at a greatly reduced cost as part of the membership fees.
- Director & Officer insurance provided at a greatly reduced cost as part of the membership fees.
- Web Hosting
- OSBA will file the 990 forms with the IRS.
- OSBA will file the yearly report with the Ohio Attorney General required for ALL nonprofits.
- OSBA will update the statutory agent and file the continued existence form with the Ohio Secretary of State every 4 years to ensure the affiliate’s status does not lapse.
The program is an option for all beekeeping associations or clubs in Ohio with one or more objectives in common with OSBA (Education, research, promoting beekeeping, etc.)
For more information and a full list of requirements, fees, and application to apply contact