The OSBA Affiliated Association program is intended to help extend benefits to beekeeping associations in Ohio at a greatly reduced cost. In addition, it’s structured to foster better communication and cooperation between OSBA and local associations.
- Obtain 501(c)(3) Tax Exempt Status under the OSBA Group Exemption.
- Donations to your association and membership fees may be tax deductible. Consult your tax advisor.
- Individuals and corporate donors are more likely to support organizations with 501(c)(3) tax status.
- Access to many grants only available to 501(c)(3) organizations.
- Save the $400 to $850 filing fee plus the cost of document preparation.
- Approval time may be much faster.
- Liability insurance is provided at a greatly reduced cost as part of the membership fees.
- Director and Officer insurance provided at a greatly reduced cost as part of the membership fees.
- Web Hosting
- OSBA will file the 990 form with the IRS.
- OSBA will file the yearly report with the Ohio Attorney General required for ALL nonprofits.
- OSBA will update the statutory agent and file the continued existence form with the Ohio Secretary of State every 4 years to ensure the
- Affiliate’s status does not laps.
- Affiliated associations may nominate a seat on the OSBA Board (currently a nonvoting position).
The program is option to all beekeeping associations or clubs in Ohio with one or more objectives in common with OSBA (Education, research, promoting beekeeping, etc.)
For more information and a full list of requirements, fees and application to apply contact
See http://www.ohiostatebeekeepers.org/associations/osba-affiliates/ for current OSBA Affiliates.