OSBA Logo Contest
The Ohio State Beekeepers Association (OSBA) is holding a contest to choose a more user friendly and identifiable logo. The concept rules are wide open, but the new logo should incorporate both honeybees and Ohio in the design.
OSBA’s current logo:
The official complete rules are posted on the website at - OSBA Logo Contest Official Rules and supersede any of the rules below.
1. The Contest is open to US Residents over the age of 18 (void where restricted).
2. Members of the OSBA Judging Committee (OSBAJC), the contest judges and their immediate family are not eligible to enter the Contest.
3. Entrants must be of sufficient legal age and standing to enter into a contract with OSBA.
The deadline for Entries is midnight (one minute after 2359) on June 1, 2013
- Entrants must agree to the ‘OSBA Logo Contest Official Rules’ as posted on the OSBA website: http://www.ohiostatebeekeepers.org/about-osba/logo-contest/
- Digital submissions are preferred and should be submitted in high resolution to email@example.com
- Physical submissions in any medium may be submitted to the follow address and will not be returned unless return postage and envelope is included with the submission:
Terry (OSBA Editor)
P.O. Box 24181
Dayton, OH 45424
These are some suggestions to consider when developing your submission:
1. The purpose of the contest is to design a new logo for the OSBA. The logo will be used online, in print, on merchandise, etc. Flexibility is a key requirement, including the need to resize easily to any size and to look good in black and white as well as color.
2. The use of solid colors is recommended with no shading or gradients because they can be represented better in all media. Using a few colors is generally better than using many different colors due to visibility and production costs.
3. The logo should not contain too much text as it may not scale well or be suitable for all purposes.
4. The new logo should incorporate the themes of honeybees or beekeeping and the state of Ohio.
The winner of the logo contest will be announced at the OSBA Fall meeting, November 2nd 2013
The winning designer will receive:
1. Cash prize of $300.
2. Hat and shirt with the new logo.
3. A complimentary membership to OSBA for 1 year
4. The right to use the basic logo and identify him/herself as the logo designer.
5. ABC & XYZ of Beekeeping
Judging and Selection of Winner
1. The winning design will be selected by judges appointed for the purpose and by the OSBA Judging Committee. Their decision will be final. No further correspondence shall be entered into.
2. The top submissions selected by the judges will be published in the newsletter and website for voting by the general members. Voting results will not be the only criteria the judges will use when selecting the winning design.
3. The OSBA Judging Committee reserves the right not to select a winner if, in its sole discretion, no suitable entries are received.