The Ohio State Beekeepers Association will occasionally have the need to hire independent contractors or will have a request for bids on goods and services. These will be listed below if there are any opportunities available at this time.
Unless stated otherwise, all jobs are for independent contractors and will be issued in 1099. Selected applicants are required to sign a contract and submit a W9 as a condition of being awarded the position.
The Ohio State Beekeepers Association does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or another non-merit factor.
We are always looking for individuals that enjoy educating beekeepers at club meetings. We need several people to be traveling speakers to make this program successful moving forward.
OSBA Traveling Speaker applications will be accepted through (TBD) for Traveling Speakers in the following year. A talk on “STEPS TO SUCCESSFUL OVERWINTERING OF HONEY BEE COLONIES IN OHIO” is ready for this year’s Traveling Speaker Program. This talk has been added to the existing talks to help educate beekeepers across the state.
Traveling Speaker requirements:
- Working knowledge of PowerPoint software, set-up, application, and presentation
- Reliable transportation
- A current driver’s license
- Ability to drive at night
- Current car insurance
- A laptop computer with access ports to connect a projector
- A laptop computer with a current version of PowerPoint software program
- Availability to attend a training session of all Traveling Speakers
- Ability to personally transport presentation materials, lift up to 50 pounds, stand for at least one hour
- Willingness to complete a W-9 as an independent contractor
Contact for application and additional information.