The Ohio State Beekeepers Association will occasionally have the need to hire independent contractors or will have a request for bids on goods and services. These will be listed below if there are any opportunities available at this time.
Unless stated otherwise, all jobs are for independent contractors and will be issued a 1099. Selected applicants are required to sign a contract and submit a W9 as a condition of being awarded the position.
The Ohio State Beekeepers Association does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Traveling Speaker – future openings
OSBA is no longer accepting applications for Traveling Speakers in 2020. A talk on “STEPS TO SUCCESSFUL OVERWINTERING OF HONEY BEE COLONIES IN OHIO” is ready for the 2020 Traveling Speaker Program. This talk has been added to the existing talks to help educate beekeepers across the state.
We are always looking for individuals that enjoy educating beekeepers at club meetings. We need several people to be traveling speakers to make this program a success moving forward.
Traveling Speaker requirements:
- Working knowledge of Power Point software, set-up, application, and presentation
- Reliable transportation
- A current driver’s license
- Ability to drive at night
- Current car insurance
- A laptop computer with accessible ports to connect a projector
- A laptop computer with a current version of Power Point software program
- Availability to attend a training session of all Traveling Speakers
- Ability to personally transport presentation materials, lift up to 50 pounds, stand for at least one hour
- Willingness to complete a W-9 as an independent contractor
Contact for application and additional information.