Ohio State Beekeepers Association supports new young beekeepers through our Ohio 4-H Partnership Program. We realize that success of a new beekeeper is not reliant on the work of the student and money alone, but by the effort of the partnership. Thus, the Ohio 4-H Partnership Program encourages participation of the guardian, 4-H Ohio adviser, local Ohio association and mentor.
The number of scholarships available per year will vary based on the amount of available funds and donations. The number will be posted each year on the OSBA website. For 2020 there are at least 5 scholarships available.
While the document below explains the program guidelines in detail, here is a quick overview:
- Youth must be between the ages of 12 and 18 by January 1st of the scholarship year (2019), be a member of 4-H, and enrolled in public, private or home school.
- Applicant must complete and return the application by November 2nd, 2019.
- The selection committee will carefully consider each candidate and select the finalists.
- The OSBA 4H Beekeeping Partnership Program Scholars will be announced by December 2nd, 2019.
The selected Partnership Program Scholars will receive:
- Woodenware and tools for two hives (see attached document):
- 1-year free membership to the OSBA, with electronic newsletter
- Free attendance to the OSBA Fall Convention (including 2 guests).
- OSBA Beekeeper Training DVD
- OSBA Apiary Diagnostic Manual
Download the 2020 Program Documents and Application for application forms and additional information. If you have any questions, please contact the OSBA 4-H Partnership Program by email at email@example.com or call 567-703-6722. Completed applications are due by November 2nd, 2019.