Love These Sprouts
I'm not sure why brussel sprouts have such a bad rep. This recipe is the perfect balance of just a few ingredients that provide big flavors and textures: sweet-salt-sour-bitter along with crunchy and chewy--- yum
- 4 slices bacon
- 1 netted bag of fresh brussel sprouts
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 t. fresh lemon juice
- ¼ c. raisins
- Chop bacon into ½ inch strips.
- Cook over medium heat until crisp.
- While the bacon is cooking, cut off the base of the sprouts and cut the sprouts into quarters.
- When bacon is cooked, add sprouts.
- Stir the sprouts into the bacon bits.
- Continue to cook until sprouts are bright green and still slightly firm.
- Add honey, lemon juice, and raisins.
- Stir to blend and to warm raisins.