Honeyed Rice Pudding
- 2 c. cooked rice
- 2 c. milk (I used ½ and ½, you could use soy milk)
- ½ c. honey (I used a dark wildflower)
- ⅔ c. raisins ( or chopped dates or dried apples)
- ½ c. milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- In a saucepan, combine rice, 2 c. milk, raisins and honey.
- Cook until thick, stirring occassionally, about 20 minutes.
- Combine beaten egg with ½ c. milk.
- While stirring the thicken rice pudding, slowly stream in the egg blend. If you add it all at once, you will wind up with cook egg blobs in your final product.
- Continue to stir and cook for a few more minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Let it cool a few minutes.
- Pour into serving containers, or large bowl.