Honey Pumpkin Pie
- 1 9 inch crust, unbaked
- 2 c. pumpkin puree (NOT pumpkin pie mix)
- 1½ t. ground ginger
- 1½ t. ground cinnamon
- ½ t. nutmeg
- ½ t. allspice
- ½ t. salt
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 c. honey (I used a light honey), slightly warmed so it blends
- 1 c. heavy cream (accept NO substitutes...you want a creamy yummy pie)
- In a large bowl blend together the pumpkin puree, spices and salt.
- In a separate bowl, beat together the eggs, honey and cream.
- Pour into prepared pie shell. I usually use the Butter Pie Crust Dough from epicurious.com
- Bake at 400F for 50-55 minutes, or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool on a cooling rack.