Chocolate Honey Marshmallows
- ⅓ c. cocoa powder
- 3 envelopes plain gelatin
- 1½ c. sugar
- 1 c. honey
- Sprinkling Blend:
- ½ each confectioner’s sugar and cocoa
- Line an 8x8 pan with foil. Spray with a non-stick food spray.
- Mix cocoa with ⅓ c. water til dissolved.
- Mix gelatin with ½ c. warm water in a mixing bowl.
- Stir together sugar, honey and ½ c. water in a saucepan and cook til mixed. Increase heat and bring to a low boil for 8 minutes (do not stir)...make sure it doesn’t boil over.
- With electric mixer, beat cocoa mixt into gelatin mix. Carefully pour hot honey mix into gelatin mix and slowly increase speed to high. Beat til thick and fluffy.
- Pour into pan and smooth out top. Using a sieve, shake sprinkling blend onto top of marshmallows. Cover with plastic wrap and let cool for 8 hours.
- When ready to serve, cut into shapes and coat with “blend”